Don’t have a cow就是沒有奶牛?

1.A black sheep
你以為是“黑色的綿羊”?實際上是害群之馬
Jack has always been the black sheep of our team.
Jack 一直都是我們團隊的害群之馬
2.Don’t have a cow
也并不是“沒有奶牛”,而是別大驚小怪
Don’t have a cow! I will pay you back as soon as I get out of the red.
別大驚小怪的,我一擺脫財政赤字就還你錢!
3.Pig out
真的不是“豬跑出來了”,而是形容人吃東西狼吞虎咽
We are going to have a buffet this night, that’s to say we can really pig out!
今晚我們要去吃自助餐,這就意味著我們可以大吃特吃了!
4.Right off the bat
“馬上離開蝙蝠”?什么鬼?!其實是立刻,瞬間的意思
I realized that she is my goddess right off the bat.
那一瞬間我就意識到,她是我的女神。

5.Teach a pig to play on a flute
“教豬吹長笛”?實際上就是我們常說的那句“趕鴨子上架”
it’s hard for him to give a speech in front of so many audiences,you are teaching a pig to play on a flute!
對他來說在眾多觀眾面前演講真的很難,你這純粹是在趕鴨子上架!
6.Donkey work
字面上看是“驢的工作”,實際上是笨重的累活兒,就好像驢日復一日的拉磨一樣
The boss just makes decisions and we have to do all the donkey work .
老板只是做決定,苦活累活兒都是我們做。
上一篇:一些常用的關于‘感謝’的英語口語